Defined Contribution Plan
- AARP — AARP is an association of over 30,000,000 seniors whose stated goal is to shape and enrich the experience of aging for their members and for all Americans. Their site contains much content of interest to seniors and access to all the products sold by AARP.
- Nolo Self Help Law Center – Retirement — Providing articles, information, and financial planning calculators.
- Yahoo.com Retirement – Information on retirement planning, retirement calculators and tools, sections on retirement basics.
- PBGC — The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) protects the retirement incomes of about 43 million American workers — one of every three working persons — including participants in the Pension Plan.
- Department of Labor — The Department of Labor has principal jurisdiction over the law known as ERISA. ERISA sets uniform minimum standards to assure that employee benefit plans are established and maintained in a fair and financially sound manner. This Pension Plan is regulated by ERISA.
- IRS — The Internal Revenue Service, whatever you think of it, maintains a pretty cool web site. You can download forms, look up laws, and read about taxes in plain English on the IRS web site.
- Social Security Administration — The Social Security Administration is in charge of enrolling Americans, collecting contributions from payroll taxes, and providing benefits to seniors, beneficiaries, and disabled persons. The web site allows you to request a detailed earnings history and learn about your coverage under Social Security.
- Disability Information — Disability.gov is the federal government website for comprehensive information on disability programs and services in communities nationwide.
- NCHS — This site information on where to write for vital records such as birth, death, marriage, or divorce.
Retirement Planning and Calculators
- Smart Asset Retirement Calculator – How much do I need to save to retire? By putting away a percentage of your income every month from now until you retire, you can do away with the financial anxieties far too many seniors find themselves facing. A retirement calculator can help.
- Vanguard Retirement Income Calculator – How much income will you need in retirement? Are you on track? Compare what you may have to what you will need. Use the sliders to see how small changes today could affect your financial future.