Retiree Health & Welfare
Health & Welfare Plan
Notice of Nondiscrimination and Accessibility Requirements
The Operating Engineers Health and Welfare Fund (Fund) complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
The Fund provides the following:
- Free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, please contact the Fund’s Language Assistance Line at (626) 356-3555.
If you believe that the Fund has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with our Compliance Officer, located at:
100 Corson St., Suite 100
Pasadena, CA 91103
Telephone number (626) 356-1077,
(866) 400-5200, TTY (626) 356-3582
Fax (626) 356-1065, and Email at email@example.com
You may file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, our Compliance Officer is available to help you.
You may also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at:
https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf; or by mail/phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
(800) 868-1019, or (800) 537-7679 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.